21 October 2009

Pumpkin Pie

***Pictures updated 10/25/09, contributed by JeLyGu***

Fall is my favorite time of year. There is just something about the cool crisp air, the way it smells, tastes, and feels on your skin. I love the way everything looks outside, leaves on the ground, the colors of the trees. I love to carve pumpkins and get lost in corn mazes. It's the perfect season for hikes, and to cuddle up with a blanket and a movie on a damp day. It's also my birthday, which I love because it gives my friends an excuse to get together and do something fun, or do nothing at all. I could go on and on and on, but just trust me, the fall is the best.
grandma watches on...
This year, plans were a little screwed up with the whole ankle breaking thing. Even though I had surgery on Friday and wasn't really feeling up for doing much more than lay around, Jenn and Rachael still came up for my birthday weekend. And I'm really glad they did.
jenn
My two favorite desserts for my birthday are pumpkin pie and ice cream cake. This year I wanted to make a special layer cake, but I just didn't have the energy for it. So Rachael and Jenn baked me a pumpkin pie!!! It couldn't have been better!!! I don't have the recipe, so you'll have to ask them about it!
rachey

No comments :

Post a Comment