Oreo cookies inside a cookie, how can you go wrong? You can't. Oreos are my favorite. (Yeah, I said it again). Oreos are my favorite, right next to all of my other favorites.
These cookies didn't last too long, I even made multiple batches. By the time each batch was 'sampled' while both warm and cooled (just gotta be sure), and a batch was packaged and mailed, I only had 5 cookies to photograph. Those need to be made into ice cream sandwiches...pronto!
Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookies
adapted from Picky Palate
- 1 stick softened butter
- 6 Tablespoons sugar
- 6 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ¼ Cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 broken pieces Oreo Cookies
- 1 Cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter, and sugars until well combined. Add egg and vanilla until mixed well.
- Place flour, baking soda and salt into a large bowl, stir to combine.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients then stir in oreos and chocolate chips until just combined.
- With a medium cookie scoop, scoop onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet. Bake for 9 minutes or until cooked, but still soft. Let cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.