This was sort of a banana bread experiment, I combined numerous recipes. It sunk a little in the center, and the outside browned a bit more than I would have liked, but it was nothing a little melted chocolate couldn't fix. All in all, I think it came out alright, but it could definitely use some improvements.
Banana Craisin Walnut Bread
by Kacey's Kitchen
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ripe banana (smushed)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup walnuts, crushed
- 1/2 cup craisins
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup each of chocolate and white chocolate (optional)
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Mix butter, banana, and sugar for 2 minutes until well blended.
- Add eggs, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix until combined well.
- Stir in walnuts and craisins until just combined.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan, sprinkle with cinnamon & sugar.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Place chocolate in ziploc bag (zipped only half way) and microwave on medium power until soft. Remove from microwave and massage bag to completely melt chocolate. Trim off corner of bag, drizzle over banana bread. Repeat with white chocolate if desired.