These hit the spot and were gone. GONE. In 2 days. No evidence they ever existed. Insanely simple (which definitely contributed to how wonderful they tasted), these are perfect for really any occasion...or craving.
S’mores Icebox Bars
Found at Joy the Baker adapted from The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook
- 3 sticks plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1 14-ounce box graham crackers, lightly crumbled
- 2 big handfuls of mini marshmallows, plus a handful more for sprinkling on top
- Line a 9×13-inch baking sheep with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large bowl, crumble the graham crackers into large chunks. Add two handfuls of mini marshmallows and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter together butter, cocoa, corn syrup and a pinch of salt. Stir and heat until smooth. Once melted, let chocolate mixture cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour chocolate mixture over graham crackers and marshmallows. Stir so that all of the graham crackers are moistened by the chocolate mixture.
- Dump into lined baking pan, and a few more marshmallows on top and press down with the back of a spoon. Cover the top with another sheet of parchment and press with your fingers.
- Let cool on the counter for 30 minutes, then place in the fridge to solidify for a few hours or overnight. Cut into bars. Wrap individually and store in the fridge.