I also love Jasmine rice. If you like rice and haven't tried Jasmine (also known as Thai fragrant rice), go out a buy it. It's a little more expensive than plain white rice, but it's definitely worth it. If you go through a lot if it, I suggest picking it up at Sam's Club or Costco for a huge discount. Not only is it absolutely delicious and goes with nearly everything, it will make your house smell wonderful while cooking it. Don't worry though, the fragrance isn't overpowering and won't clash with your other foods. Although Jasmine rice is scrumptious on it's own, I wanted to spruce this up just a little with some garlic, carrots, and lemon juice.
Lemon Garlic Jasmine Rice
by Kacey's Kitchen
- 2 cups Jasmine rice, uncooked
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1-2 carrots, chopped
- 4-6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, more to taste
- parsley for garnish, optional
- In medium saute pan, heat butter and EVOO until melted and bubbly. Add garlic and carrots, saute for approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add rice, chicken broth, water, and garlic and carrot oil mixture to rice cooker. Cover and turn on.
- Relax, watch some Law & Order, or continue making the rest of dinner while you wait approximately 20-25 minutes until the rice cooker clicks off.
- Toss rice with lemon juice, plate, and garnish with parsley. Enjoy!