26 July 2010

Salmon Noodle Soup

Kacey's Kitchen - Salmon Noodle Soup 1
This meal totally hit the spot. I'm not sure where I got the idea from. At some point after I purchased about 3lbs of salmon I realized I wanted soup. Eventually it led to this. Let me tell you something: this was super good and I'll be making it, or a variation of it for a long time. I served this warm, but the next day I ate it straight out of the fridge and it was DELICIOUS chilled!

*Those little things in the upper left portion of the bowl are panko crusted zucchini chips, which I'll go over in a few days...Have no fear!

Salmon Noodle Soup
Printable Recipe
by Kacey's Kitchen
  • 2 cups cooked salmon (recipe follows)
  • 2 packages soba or somen noodles
  • 1 tbsp sesame seed oil
  • 1 -2 tbsp soy sauce
  • 4 cups vegetable broth
  • 6 mushrooms (shiitake preferred)
  • 2 handfuls of spinach
  • 2 scallions
  • sesame seeds
  1. Cook noodles according to package. Flake salmon into chunks.
  2. Heat sesame seed oil over medium heat in a medium sauce pan. Add mushrooms and saute just a minute.
  3. Add vegetable broth and soy sauce. Let simmer about 5 minutes until mushrooms get tender.
  4. Turn off heat. Add spinach, noodles, and salmon. When warm, distribute into bowls, sprinkle with sesame seeds, and serve.
Soy'd Salmon
Printable Recipe
by Kacey's Kitchen
  • 1 lb salmon (or whatever size chunk you have laying around)
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1/3 cup soy sauce
  • 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
  • 1 tsp crushed red pepper
  • 1 tbsp honey
  1. Crush or roughly chop garlic.
  2. Add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk to combine.
  3. Place salmon in a baking dish and cover with soy sauce mixture.
  4. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit for at least 30 minutes.
  5. Preheat broiler, unwrap salmon, and place directly under broiler for about 8 minutes, until just cooked through, light and flaky.

No comments :

Post a Comment