But sometimes a good chunk of time passes from making it to when I blog about it. For example, these were made back in October. So when I dig them out of the Kacey's Kitchen Query, I am pleasantly surprised by food I made, that I forgot about.
I cooked these for what seemed like forever, and they ended up not being quite done on the side. I didn't cover them when I made them, so I've reflected what I believe will be appropriate changes, in the recipe below. Another option would be to microwave them for a few minutes prior to baking them, and cut back on the cooking time quit a bit.
by Kacey's Kitchen
- 4 Baking Potatoes
- 4 large cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 1 tbsp butter
- Freshly ground salt & pepper
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Put a potato on a chopping board, flat side down. Start from one end of the potato, cut almost all the way through, at about 1cm intervals. Repeat with all potatoes.
- Melt the butter with the EVOO. Mince the garlic and mix in with the butter and EVOO.
- Place potatoes on a foil lined baking sheet. Pour garlic and butter mixture over all the potatoes, rubbing garlic into all the crevasse.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover with tin foil and bake about 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 15 minutes or until the insides of the potatoes are soft and the outsides are crispy.
- Garnish with parsley if desired.