19 November 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

The first time I ever had these was while I was working in an office. A whole bag of them sat on an end table near my desk. They didn't sit there long. I had one, then two. And then another one. And I felt kinda bad because not everyone in my office had a chance to have some. And then I decided that I didn't feel all that bad. So I ate all of them. Every. Single. One.

And it felt good. In my belly.

I haven't had them since until I made these about a week ago, but I thought of them. Although I did make a pumpkin muffin last year that was very similar.

These aren't your normal cookie. They are more of a muffin top. Very moist and soft, best eaten at room temperature or chilled. I can eat so many of these because they aren't overly sweet. If you are a person that needs super sweet treats, I suggest whipping up a batch of cream cheese icing and plopping some on top, or put some between 2 cookies!

I even made some of these without chocolate chips to bring to a friend who's son doesn't like chocolate. (It's that so bizarre???) Well, he seemed to enjoy them, and to be honest, I thought they were still pretty good!

So now that I'm all stocked up on canned pumpkin, I'll be able to make these whenever I want. (like tomorrow)

These are super quick and easy to make, you really have no excuse. It's just enough sweet, just enough pumpkin, just enough chocolate to be delicious! I've never made them with nuts as the recipe suggests, but it's worth a shot, maybe next time.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Printable Recipe
by Jennifer, found at Allrecipes.com
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 egg
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp milk
  • 1 tbsp vanilla extract
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
  1. Combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, and egg.
  2. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt.
  3. Dissolve the baking soda with the milk and stir in.
  4. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
  5. Add vanilla, chocolate chips and nuts.
  6. Drop by spoonful on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly brown and firm.
***Note from Kacey's Kitchen: These are best chilled or at room temperature. They will remain very moist, soft, and delicious. You will eat all of them.

1 comment :

  1. you have a great blog here! I love the flavors in these cookies, yum!

    ReplyDelete