04 April 2011

Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing - Reader Request Monday On Wednesday

Regarding Reader Request Monday's. We are switching things around slightly. I never got around to making this weeks Reader Request Dish (Jenn's request of a non-fruit salad kiwi dish), so I'll be making it and posting about it on Wednesday. Keep an eye out for it!

In the meantime, feel free to suggest something for next weeks Reader Request Monday's. Simply leave a comment below, and I'll pick someone's request, make it, and share it with you next week!

It's getting warm out. Mid-80's type of warm. It's awesome. And although I made this salad dressing back in January, the weather demands a salad. My hips demand a salad. And my jeans that I can no longer fit into demand a salad. A refreshing salad. A salad without a creamy base. A salad that is crisp, tangy, and with a little bite to it. This is that type of dressing. Take a look, it's green and delicious:
I made a simple salad of things I had laying around. Lettuce, onions, carrots, and sundried tomatoes. And then I whipped up this Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing. It's so versatile. I would imagine how tasty this would be as a marinade for either chicken of beef. Or even brushed on some crusty bread and toasted. Nom, nom.

Don't be scared to make your own dressing people...this literally took only a minute or two to whip up, and I promise, it's so much better than what you can find in the store. But then again, we are oil & vinegar (balsamic vinegar) type of salad people.

I don't remember exactly where I got this idea from, so I can't take all the credit. But I took the idea and used what I had handy.

Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing
by Kacey's Kitchen, original recipe unknown
  • 2 limes, juiced
  • 1/3 cup EVOO
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1 cup cilantro, finely chopped
  • freshly ground pepper (lots)
  • 1 tbsp spicy mustard
  1. Combine all ingredients and whisk until salt and sugar is dissolved. Pour over salad or use as marinade.
  2. If ingredients separate, simply whisk before use.

3 comments :

  1. i think this dressing would be a good marinade for wings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work. Dressings make the salad. This will be great for a summer salad.

    ReplyDelete