13 April 2009

Cheesy Goodness

My two favorite foods: Cheese and Bread. Anytime, anywhere, anyhow.

Tonight was going to be a grilled cheese night. And how wonderful it was.

look at this...I couldn't wait and took not one,
but two bites out of it before the picture.
I didn't even have the decency to move my thumb.


I doubt you need a recipe (maybe some of you do), but I'm giving it to you anyway (for blog practice):

Grilled Cheese
by Me
  • 2 slices homemade artisan bread
  • mozzarella
  • extra sharp white cheddar
  • yellow cheddar
  • colby-jack (Or any combination of cheeses you have available)
  • sprinkle of crushed red pepper
  • slices of butter
  1. On one side of each slice of bread, slap a bunch of slices of butter on. This is grilled cheese, you want it crispy, greasy, and cheesy.
  2. Heat a pan (or grill) on the stove and throw on a slice of bread butter side down. Pile on all your cheeses and cover with the other slice of bread (butter side up!)
  3. Cook on medium heat, after a few minutes check bottom, if it's nice a golden brown, it's time to flip.
  4. Flip.
  5. Put something heavy on top now (I use another pan), to squish it down and melt the cheese into all those bready crevices. Cook until all cheese is melted and bottom is nice a golden brown.
  6. Remove from heat, let cool a minute, cut in half and eat.
I haven't had a basic grilled cheese in quite a long time, and this totally hit the spot.

No comments :

Post a Comment