11 May 2009

Mini Turkey Meatloafs

When I was younger I never really cared for meatloaf. Something about a food called "Meat-Loaf" just did not sound appealing. But then, for some strange reason about a year or two ago, I had a craving for meatloaf. I found a recipe using ground turkey, I loved it, and I don't know if I want to try anything else. What I like about meatloaf is you can add anything you have available to it, which is why mine tastes different all the time...but always tastes good.

Below is a picture of a mini ground turkey meatloaf with homemade tomato sauce on top, sitting on mashed cauliflower & peas, on top of parmesan cheese, on top of sauteed garlic spinach, on top of a piece of toasted seeded wheat bread.


Turkey Meatloaf
by Me...recipe subject to change on a regular basis
  • approx 1 lb ground turkey
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • 1.5 cups breadcrumbs (any kind - I used seasoned italian)
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 red bell pepper (I used roasted red pepper this time)
  • 1/2 green bell pepper (I used yellow this time)
  • 1 medium sized onion
  • 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
  • 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
  • 3 cloves garlic
  • dried oregano
  • dried basil
  • dried parsley
  • crushed red pepper
  • homemade tomato sauce
  1. Chop bell peppers, onion, and garlic. Saute in a tbsp of olive oil until soft. Cool slightly.
  2. Place ground turkey in large bowl. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil, beaten egg, breadcrumbs, worcestershire sauce, cheese, and dried herbs.
  3. Throw in sauteed veggies and smush until combined. I use my hands...no fancy shmancy wooden spoons here.
  4. Oil loaf pan (in this case, muffin pan) and place meat inside. Press into loaf but do not pack hard. Top with tomato sauce
  5. Place in preheated oven @ 375degrees for 45 minutes (25-30 for muffin pans).

meat muffins!

No comments :

Post a Comment