13 May 2009

Risotto

This risotto will be the first recipe from my cookbook challenge (which I've lowered my goals to only 1 recipe per cookbook I own). I was hungry, and was only going to make something with the ingredients I had on hand. So I grabbed my Rachael Ray 365:No Repeats book, flipped open to page 272 and decided to make my own version of her Boo-sotto. You can find the original recipe here.

The only thing missing....a nice big glass of wine...I really should have stopped at the store. Bummer....



Here is what I did:

Kac-sotto
my take on Rachael Ray's Boo-sotto

Ingredients
  • 2 tbsp EVOO
  • 12 oz arborio rice
  • 4 chopped garlic cloves
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 5 white mushrooms, sliced
  • Approx 10 stems asparagus, chopped into 1 inch pieces & steamed slightly
  • 2 handfuls of Maine shrimp
  • 1/2 cup cooking wine
  • 4 cups chicken stock (kept warm)
  • 1 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
  • crushed red pepper
  • fresh ground salt & pepper
  • dried parsley
  1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add EVOO, garlic, onions, and mushrooms. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes.
  2. Add rice & asparagus cook 2 - 3 more minutes.
  3. Add wine & cook away, approx. 1 minute.
  4. Add about a 1/2 cup of chicken stock, and add shrimp. Cook until evaporated. Season with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper.
  5. Stir constantly, adding 1/2 cup of stock at a time, approximately 25 minutes or until rice is al dente & very starchy. Stir in cheese & serve with parsley.

1 comment :

  1. Hi Kacey, I followed you from the foodieblogroll and I love your site. This paella is amazing and I think you did a great job with it! Hope you wont mind,I'd love to guide our readers to your site, just add this foodista widget to this post and it's all set to go, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete