15 June 2009

Enchiladas!!!

Enchiladas are awesome. That's a fact. A while ago I had some ground turkey that needed to be cooked. So I cooked it. I cooked it real good.

I didn't have the time, or more importantly, the patience to make my own enchilada sauce. I'm sorry, I promise to show you in the future. I promise. It's just that I was hungry...and that takes priority.

Enchiladas
me - and whatever I have availible

  • Approx 1 lb ground turkey
  • 1/4 cup taco seasoning1 corn on the cob, grilled & taken off cob
  • 1 can black beans (I use low sodium because you can't tell the difference)
  • cooked saffron rice
  • 1 onion
  • 1 green pepper
  • 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1 can green tomatillo enchilada sauce (lighter & more refreshing then the red enchilada sauce)
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 6 tortillas
  • approx. 2 cups shredded mixed cheese (cheddar, etc)
  • tomatoes, sliced
  1. Chop onion & green pepper, place in pan with olive oil on medium heat to soften.
  2. Add ground turkey, brown.
  3. Lower temp. and add water and taco seasoning, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper.
  4. Meanwhile, cook rice according to taste or package.
  5. Rinse & drain black beans.
  6. Prepare enchiladas: Mix turkey mixture with cheese - add other fillings, corn, rice, beans. (I made each of mine different. Place a big spoonful or two in the center of a tortilla and roll up.
  7. Put some enchilada sauce on bottom of baking dish.
  8. Place tortillas seam side down. Cover with enchilada sauce (more is better, the tortillas will absorb alot), sliced tomato, and cheese (lots of cheese!).
  9. Bake for 30 minutes or until heated through.
  10. Serve with sour cream, guacamole, or whatever else suits your fancy.

No comments :

Post a Comment