21 July 2009

Quick Fix Pasta Dish

It's been a while, I'm sorry. I meant to update my blog while I was away but it never happened. Over the next week I'll try to catch up, at least a little bit. Okay, apologizes done, now here is the truth: I'm been enjoying my unemployment which has led to me never sitting in front of a computer and spending all of my time outside. And it's felt great. And I'm not really sorry. Although I did miss blogging.

I visited my best friend last week in upstate New York. We did so much within a week, and we were able to squeeze in a few great meals...including the one I'm gonna tell you about today.

On this particular day we had gone for a creek hike, which was amazing. Along the way we saw herons and ducks and fish and water snakes (eek!) and birds and tadpoles and frogs and waterfalls.

Here's me catching a tadpole

We were out most of the day and after posing for hundreds of candid photos (yes, I said that), and playing in the waterfalls, and carrying a huge ass rock half a mile in the creek, we were exhausted. Okay, so the rock wasn't so huge ass, but after carrying it around for a while it seemed like it was a huge ass rock.

here is me painting my 'huge ass rock'...
it's just what we do

Back to the food. Afterwards we wanted to make dinner, a quick, simple, tasty no fuss meal. We went grocery shopping at Wegmans. Wegmans by the way is my new favorite grocery store, not including whole foods...neither of which I have within about a 200 mile radius...bummer....I will talk about Wegmans in a later post. Don't worry, I won't forget.

Okay really, back to the food. Jenn and I decided to make a simple pasta dish with my fallback sauce: a can of diced tomatoes and herbs. This is one of those dishes that you don't need a recipe. Just a can of diced tomatoes, a box of your favorite pasta and whatever veggies and herbs you have on hand. In this case we used onion, broccoli, red pepper, and shrimp.

here's jenn in her pink kitchen

we got some sunflowers too, and using my floral design skills,
I hooked them up with a sweet peanut container

1 comment :

  1. Ahhh, so glad you're back. I was beginning to have 'Kacey's Kitchen' withdrawal! Glad you had a great visit with Jen. Love you, Aunt Pat

    ReplyDelete