28 September 2009

Tortellini Salad

I love Tortellini. Actually, I pretty much love any pasta filled with cheese. (Have I said that before?) It's comforting and tasty. And it must be good for you if it's in a salad, right? I can really justify anything, it's kinda an awesome skill I have.

Well, I was heading over to the Finger Lakes Region of New York (more wine tasting!!!) this past weekend to spend time with friends and friends family, and I was in charge of some food. Tortellini salad was on my menu. It really is very simple, and another one of my favorite type of meals that would use whatever you have on hand!

Tortellini Salad
by kaceyskitchen

The Staples
  • 1 pkg of frozen (or fresh) tortellini, cooked al dente & cooled (I like tri-colored! Purty!)
  • 1/2 red onion, diced
  • 1 can pitted black olives, sliced
  • 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
  • 1/2 bag baby spinach
  • sprinkle of parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 bottle of zesty italian dressing
Other Ideas
  • cubed cheese (anything yummy!)
  • peperoni
  • balsamic vinegar/olive oil
  • grilled & chilled chicken
  • roasted red peppers
  1. Toss all ingredients together.
  2. Chill.
  3. Add more dressing if necessary.
  4. Consume all.

No comments :

Post a Comment