25 February 2010

Chipolte Chicken Salad aka All Time Favorite Chicken Salad

I had some chicken and chipotle peppers left over from the Sweet Potato-Chicken Hash the night before. Needing something delicious for lunch, I quickly whipped up what I will now dub as my All Time Favorite Chicken Salad.
I think I may be slightly addicted to chipotle peppers in adobo sauce with their warm and smokey flavor. I want to put them in everything, and so far, since I've opened this can, I have.

I like my chicken salad nice and chunky, using minimal mayo and some fun ingredients (like nuts, chutneys, or in this case, chipotle peppers). Similarly to tuna salad, I enjoy my chicken salad on a toasted English muffin with a slice or two of tomato.

Simple and packed FULL of flavor, here's what I did:

Chipotle Chicken Salad aka All Time Favorite Chicken Salad
Printable Recipe
by Kacey's Kitchen
  • 2 chicken breasts, seasoned with s&p,poached and chilled(or whatever leftover chicken you have)
  • 4-5 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, more or less to taste
  • 1 stalk celery, diced
  • 1/2 yellow onion, diced
  • 1 scallion, diced
  • 1/4 cup mayo (always use Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise)
  • salt & pepper
  • english muffins, toasted
  • tomato, sliced
  1. Shred or chop chicken breasts to approx 1/2 inch pieces and place in a medium sized bowl.
  2. Dice chipotle peppers and add to chicken. Add celery, onion, scallion, and salt & pepper to taste.
  3. Stir in mayonnaise until desired consistency is reached.
  4. Assemble sandwich.
***Chicken salad will taste even better the next day when all flavors have combined

No comments :

Post a Comment