I think I may be slightly addicted to chipotle peppers in adobo sauce with their warm and smokey flavor. I want to put them in everything, and so far, since I've opened this can, I have.
I like my chicken salad nice and chunky, using minimal mayo and some fun ingredients (like nuts, chutneys, or in this case, chipotle peppers). Similarly to tuna salad, I enjoy my chicken salad on a toasted English muffin with a slice or two of tomato.
Simple and packed FULL of flavor, here's what I did:
Chipotle Chicken Salad aka All Time Favorite Chicken Salad
by Kacey's Kitchen
- 2 chicken breasts, seasoned with s&p,poached and chilled(or whatever leftover chicken you have)
- 4-5 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, more or less to taste
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 scallion, diced
- 1/4 cup mayo (always use Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise)
- salt & pepper
- english muffins, toasted
- tomato, sliced
- Shred or chop chicken breasts to approx 1/2 inch pieces and place in a medium sized bowl.
- Dice chipotle peppers and add to chicken. Add celery, onion, scallion, and salt & pepper to taste.
- Stir in mayonnaise until desired consistency is reached.
- Assemble sandwich.