I had a handful of Roma tomatoes that were looking a little on the sad side so I turned them into this delicious sauce. The best part of meals like this is you control everything that goes into it! So when you make this, feel free to use more or less butter or salt, or add in other ingredients you have lying around. Although I had a little sauce left over, I was easily able to turn this into a one portion meal by only cooking the amount of frozen cheese ravioli's as I needed. Yay! And of course, serve with crusty bread...mmm...
Balsamic Spinach & Diced Tomato Sauce
by Kacey's Kitchen
- 7 roma tomatoes, diced
- 3 handfuls of baby spinach
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 yellow onion. diced
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh basil leaves, garnish
- shredded parmesan cheese, garnish
- In large saute pan over medium heat, heat butter and EVOO. Add garlic and onion, saute about 3-4 minutes.
- Add diced roma tomatoes and lower heat to medium-low. Let cook down and thicken, stirring occasionally for about 7-10 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and balsamic vinegar. Season with ground pepper and sea salt. Let spinach cook down, another 5 minutes.
- You can serve this now, or continue cooking if you would like it thicker or tomatoes more tender.
- Top with torn basil leaves and shredded parmesan cheese.