Even though this photo might not be the most appealing, I promise you this was delicious. As much as I love a traditional Reuben on amazing rye bread, I love these also. You know how sometimes the bread can get a little greasy? Well, with these quesadillas that's not a problem. Because you cook most of the liquid out of the sauerkraut and corned beef, no excess grease. And the tortillas are toasted first, without the addition of butter or oil the way a bread Reuben is grilled. What you get is a nice crunch on the outside and soft goodness on the inside. Who else loves leftovers?!!?!
by Kacey's Kitchen
- 4 flour tortillas
- leftover corned beef
- 1 can sauerkraut
- 8 oz swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup 1000 Island Dressing
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat corned beef and sauerkraut in separate pans over medium heat. Break up/shred corned beef. Stir both pans occasionally so nothing burns but some liquid evaporates.
- Place 4 tortillas on oven racks for approximately 2 minutes on each side, or until crispy but not burnt.
- Remove tortillas, sprinkle a thin layer of swiss cheese on one tortilla.Top with layer of corned beef. Then top with layer of sauerkraut. Drizzle half of 1000 Island Dressing on top of sauerkraut.
- Top with another handful of cheese and place tortilla on top. Gentle press down making sure not to crack tortilla. Repeat with other tortillas.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake until cheese is melted, approximately 5 minutes.Remove from oven, let sit for a minute, cut into slices and enjoy!