But no, once I got home I realized there was plenty of food here that I should be eating. Dilemma #2. Nothing was ready to eat. I had already chomped my way through all of the cereal. There was no more bread. Even the cheese was running low! Dear god NO!!!! What's a girl to do!?!?!
The strange part is, I've been grocery shopping pretty frequently. It's one of my favorite things to do. We've talked about this before, haven't we? Anyway, I have been grocery shopping lately, except apparently I've been stocking up on pantry items and freezing everything else. I think I've been doing that for two reasons: 1) Alone, I can't eat as much food as I want to make (at least I shouldn't) and 2) I sort of want to make the 'good stuff' when Aaron is back home.
I have some things to overcome. Like my grocery shopping addiction obviously.
HA! Yeah right!!!!
Back to the food: I had an avocado and tomato that were headed south. Starting with that, I'm not sure how this meal ended up turning into what it did, but I'm glad I stayed home. Especially when I realized there was still a beer in the fridge.
Here's the deal:
Avocado Bean Topping
by Kacey's Kitchen
- 1 Hass Avocado, diced
- 1/2 can low sodium black beans
- 1/2 can whole kernel corn (or grilled fresh if available)
- small handful cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp light sour cream
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- cayenne powder
- crushed red pepper
- In small bowl, toss avocado, beans, corn, cilantro, sour cream, and tomato together.
- Add garlic, salt and pepper, cayenne, and red pepper to taste.
- Let sit for 30 minutes or more for flavors to combine.
by Kacey's Kitchen
- 1 handful of shrimp
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tortilla
- 1 handful of cheese
- Thaw & peel shrimp.
- Heat oil in saute pan, toss in shrimp & sprinkle with cayenne pepper.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of cheese over half of tortilla. Top with shrimp (chop if necessary).
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and fold tortilla over.
- Place in saute pan and heat until crispy, flip over, heat until crispy and cheese is melted.