Throw all the leftovers into pasta! Yay!!! Serve crusty with bread! Yay!!! Add some cheese! Yay!!! Drink some wine! Yay!!!
See, there are ways to improve already quick and tasty meals. Another good reason to cook extra of something you enjoy...use it again! Something like sausage, peppers, onions, etc, freezes wonderfully. I happened to make this pasta dish the following night because I was short on time. But had you thrown it into the freezer and pulled it out to toss with some pasta, it would have been just as good. Very handy I say. Very handy indeed.
So...I think I'm getting back into my blogging groove. I seem to have acquired a little more time on my hands and I've been able to enjoy doing the things I love, instead of rushing through it.
- I've been able to go grocery shopping. But not just any ole grocery shopping, I've been able to do Kacey's type of grocery shopping. The shopping where I wander and dilly-dally and stroll through the isles looking at things I want and brainstorming meals.
- I've been able to cook respectable dinners. I made 4 batches of desserts over the weekend. I made bread on Monday.
- I've done more dishes in the past 5 days than I have in 2 months. And it feels great.
- I've been able to sit and blog. I feel like I'm almost starting over, tons of writers block, and a shit ton of pictures that I need filter through, edit, upload and write about.
- I can watch Aaron walk the cat outside. It's a downtime project he's been tackling, and I haven't been able to witness it until recently. She's doing pretty well, and I think she might even enjoy it a little. Maybe I'll get some pictures to show you.
- I've also had time to start working on the wedding photo album. It's going. Slowly. But it is going.
- Oh...and I may have caught one or two Law and Order: SVU marathons in between.
Here's a breakdown of the chicken sausage pasta dish:
Chicken Sausage Pasta
by Kacey's Kitchen
Use leftover Chicken, Sausage, Peppers, Onions, and Mushrooms or start from scratch:
- 4 chicken sausage links
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 large handful of white mushrooms
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 garlic gloves
- 2 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper
- crushed red pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- 1lb penne, or your other favorite pasta
- Italian bread
- Cook pasta until al dente.
- Meanwhile, slice onion, peppers, mushrooms, and sausage. Mince garlic.
- In large skillet, melt butter over medium high heat. Add tomatoes (drained), onions, peppers, mushrooms and garlic.
- Saute until soft and caramelized. Add salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper to taste.
- Add sausage and heat until warm.
- Toss with pasta, adding a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
- Serve with crusty bread and eat!!!