I really enjoy chicken sausage, and I often try to keep it in my freezer to add it to sandwiches, pasta, pizza, etc... I usually pick some up at Sam's Club, which is super practical and affordable. They come in a variety of flavors, and I believe what I used this time was Roasted Red Pepper and Mozzarella Chicken Sausage. It's sold in 3 packs of 5 sausages, which makes it easier to freeze and pull out just what you need From what I recall, it only costs about $12 which is awesome when it lasts about 7-8 meals for the two of us.
Chicken Sausage, Pepper, Onion, and Mushroom Sandwich
by Kacey's Kitchen
- 4 chicken sausage links
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 large handful of white mushrooms
- 2 garlic gloves
- 2 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper
- crushed red pepper
- Italian bread or 4 rolls
- Slice onion, peppers, mushrooms, and sausage. Mince garlic.
- In large skillet, melt butter over medium high heat. Add onions, peppers, mushrooms and garlic.
- Split open bread or rolls, lightly toast
- Saute until soft and caramelized. Add salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper to taste.
- Add sausage and heat until warm.
- Fill bread with sausage, peppers, onions, and mushrooms.