08 November 2010

Chicken Sausage Sandwich with Mushrooms, Peppers, and Onions

Sausage, Peppers, Mushrooms, and Onions. On a sandwich. No matter what variation of this you use, you can't go wrong. This is a tasty, filling, and satisfying quick meal, and you might even have all the ingredients on hand!

I really enjoy chicken sausage, and I often try to keep it in my freezer to add it to sandwiches, pasta, pizza, etc... I usually pick some up at Sam's Club, which is super practical and affordable. They come in a variety of flavors, and I believe what I used this time was Roasted Red Pepper and Mozzarella Chicken Sausage. It's sold in 3 packs of 5 sausages, which makes it easier to freeze and pull out just what you need From what I recall, it only costs about $12 which is awesome when it lasts about 7-8 meals for the two of us.

Chicken Sausage, Pepper, Onion, and Mushroom Sandwich
Printable Recipe
by Kacey's Kitchen
  • 4 chicken sausage links
  • 1 green pepper
  • 1 red pepper
  • 1 onion
  • 1 large handful of white mushrooms
  • 2 garlic gloves
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • salt and pepper
  • crushed red pepper
  • Italian bread or 4 rolls
  1. Slice onion, peppers, mushrooms, and sausage. Mince garlic.
  2. In large skillet, melt butter over medium high heat. Add onions, peppers, mushrooms and garlic.
  3. Split open bread or rolls, lightly toast
  4. Saute until soft and caramelized. Add salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper to taste.
  5. Add sausage and heat until warm.
  6. Fill bread with sausage, peppers, onions, and mushrooms.
  7. Eat!!!

3 comments :

  1. That sounds so ridiculously good right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I made this almost 2 months ago, so even at 7:30am when I typed this up, I got a huge craving for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. for a great chicken sausage may I suggest Apple Chicken Sausage. At our Sam's Club it used to be sold under an Emeril label but is now the Sam's label. Very, very tasty.

    ReplyDelete