So I headed out to Publix and picked up some rib eye steaks ready to tackle it. While I prepped the twice baked potatoes, started sauteing the brussel sprouts, and sauteing the mushrooms, I pulled out the steak and rubbed freshly ground coarse black pepper and sea salt on both sides.
I'm a firm believer that all a good steak needs is a little salt and pepper. Maybe some garlic. This time though, I thought seasoning it with salt & pepper, and then after I cook it, immediately throwing on a slab of chipotle butter, letting it seep into all of the crevasses would be fabulous. And what do you know? I was fabulous. I love it when that happens.
And guess what? I cooked the steak absolutely perfect. Look below so you can recreate a meaty masterpiece.
Rib eye Steak with Chipotle Butter
by Kacey's Kitchen
- 2 - 1.5" thick rib eye steaks
- freshly ground coarse salt & pepper
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 2 chipotles with adobo sauce
- Prepare butter. Finely dice chipotles and stir into butter with adobo sauce. Place is fridge or freezer to firm up a little.
- Preheat broiler on high, moving a oven rack to the uppermost shelf.
- Rub each steak with salt and pepper.
- Once oven is preheated, place steaks on a baking sheet and place in oven (only a few inches below broiler)
- Cook for 3.5 minutes then flip over and cook for another 3.5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let sit about 5 minutes.
- Top with a slab of chipotle butter and serve.
- Enjoy every marbly meaty smokey goodness.