17 December 2010

Panko Crusted Cod Tacos

I love fish tacos. It doesn't even matter what kind of fish it is, I just love the whole combination. I order them often, but it seems like not enough. If I see them on the menu and order something else, it always seems like still want the fish tacos! I know I've shared with you my Spicy Shrimp Tacos, which are fabulous, and this time, we've got some cod tacos! There's something about warm corn tortillas, crispy citrus-y cabbage slaw, and nice warm seafood that just goes so well together. And ever since I've been making my own corn tortillas, I really am addicted. So easy, especially with my new tortilla press I got for my birthday a few months ago! I've got a tasty post that needs to go up that will tell you all about making them!

Anyway, one of my favorite battered and fried fish is cod. It's great as Fish & Chips, it's great as a Fishwich, and it makes for delicious fish tacos. You should try it!
Of course, it doesn't need to be fried (baking these work great too!) or even battered (you could grill/saute/broil it!), but hey, why not, right?

Panko Crusted Cod Tacos

Printable Recipe
by Kacey's Kitchen
  • 1/2 lb fresh cod
  • 1 cup panko crumbs
  • 1 egg
  • salt and pepper
  • corn tortillas
  • 2 tbsp vegetable oil
  • cabbage slaw
  • lime juice
  • cilantro (optional)
  1. Cut cod into strips or 2 inch pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
  2. Beat egg in small bowl. Place panko crumbs in dish.
  3. Dip each piece of cod in egg to coat, shaking off any excess. Coat in panko crumbs and place on a dish.
  4. Preheat oil in a skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Place a single layer of cod pieces in pan. Once bottoms start to turn golden brown, just about a minute or two, flip cod over and cook until just golden. Remove from oil onto a paper towel lined plate and repeat for all cod.
  5. Warm corn tortillas, fill with cabbage slaw and cod pieces. Give a quick squirt of lime juice. Garnish with cilantro if desired.

No comments :

Post a Comment