19 December 2011

Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Tomatoes

For my birthday, Aaron's parents sent me a bunch of really awesome cookbooks.  I haven't cooked too many recipes from them (yet!), but each one has been sooo delicious.  One of my favorite ones, which this recipe is from is called The Silver Palate Cook Book.  Typically I often change recipes around to add something different, some thing more, or because I'm short on ingredients. However, I have yet to come across a recipe in this book that I want to change.  They all sound flavorful and bellyful.

These tomatoes were filling enough on their own, but I served them along side some rice.  And although there is no need to change this recipe, you could stretch it even farther by using more tomatoes and adding the cooked rice inside of them.

I have fallen in love with tomatoes all over again.

I wasn't able to find the recipe online, so I would hate to post it from the book, especially since I didn't change anything about it.  But trust me, the book is totally worth purchasing.  Or you could always ask for it as a gift!

Everything is better stuffed with cheese, isn't it? I dare you to suggest something that isn't.  Go ahead. Leave a comment.  Or better yet, do you have a suggestion for something to stuff with cheese? I'm totally game.

Bring it.

No comments :

Post a Comment