There's some catching up that needs to be done here at Kacey's Kitchen. I've got a (digital) mound of photos waiting to be written about and posted to the blog. I could sit here and tell you I've been too busy to blog because I've been traveling a bit the past month and a half, but that's still an excuse. I'll give it to you straight. I've been lazy. Kacey the Lazy Ass. *Sigh*
I made these back around Halloween, but you could totally find pumpkin spice marshmallows on clearance right now, which is definitely a sign to make these as soon as possible.
Everyone likes Rice Krispie Treats, right? Right. Well...these are Rice Krispie Treats on crack. An absurdly delicious, absurdly caloric Crack Krispie Treat. You'll love it.
I made these for Aaron's class, and word has it, they went over pretty well, even with other sweets brought in from the other guys and gals. Pilots apparently love sweet overload.
Check out these cute little labels I ordered a while back through one of Vistaprints promotional deals. They are actually return address labels, and I only had to pay shipping for them.
Pumpkin spice rice krispie treats stuffed with caramel and marshmallows. Go make them. Unless your diabetic. And in that case, you probably shouldn't even look at the pictures.
Caramel Filled Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats
- 1/2 Cup butter
- 1 (10oz) bag of pumpkin spice marshmallows (You can use regular mini marshmallows)
- 8 cups of rice krispies cereal
- 50 caramels, unwrapped (like kraft or wether's chewy caramels)
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Spray two 9x13 inch baking pans with cooking spray.
- In a large sauce pan over medium to medium low heat, melt 1/2 cup butter with pumpkin spice marshmallows until completely melted and well blended.
- Mix in the rice krispies and fold in until the cereal is well coated with the marshmallow mixture.
- Divide the cereal mixture between to two 9x13 inch prepared pans. Press the cereal in each pan until it covers the pan evenly.
- In another sauce pan, place the caramels, condensed milk, and 1/2 cup butter. Melt over medium heat until melted and well combined. Remove from heat and let cool of a few minutes.
- Spread the caramel evenly over one pan of the rice krispies. Sprinkle the mini marshmallows over the caramel.
- Invert the other pan of rice krispies on top on the miniature marshmallows. You are basically creating a rice krispie sandwich with the caramel and the mini marshmallows in the center.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour and cut while cool.