19 January 2012

Horseradish Crusted Ribeye


Oh goodness, look at this. I posted something GREEN on this blog.  I've just noticed that all my recent posts have been yellows/oranges/browns. Basically carbs and cheese.  Not that there is anything wrong with that, right? Sure.  I swear, we really do eat colorful meals in this house on a regular basis.  I even just recently promised my in-laws that I do feed their son fruits and vegetables on a regular basis.  It's just...the cheese and carbs are what I like to talk about the most, so it's what gets blogged about the most.  And often I find myself just taking a photo of one part of the meal....not the leafy salad we had with it.  I'll mix it up a little with this picture.

What we have here is a deliciously juicy rib-eye steak (my fav!) with a horseradish panko crust.  Served along side with a mixed green salad with the best balsamic vinegar and some leftover noodles.

Unfortunately for you, I don't have an exact recipe for this but I'll give you my best guesses.

Horseradish Crusted Rib-Eye
Printable Recipe
By Kacey's Kitchen

  • 2 Rib-eye steaks (Or whatever steak suits your fancy)
  • Prepared grated horseradish
  • Panko crumbs
  • Butter
  • Garlic powder
  • Parsley
  • Salt and Pepper
  1. Preheat an oven safe grill pan over medium high heat.  Preheat oven to 400°F.
  2. Season steak with salt and pepper.
  3. Prepare horseradish coating.  Melt about 1 tbsp butter and mix in with panko crumbs and horseradish to taste.  Season with garlic, parsley and a little salt and pepper. Combine until it's a consistency you can spread over the steak.
  4. When pan is preheated throw the steak on and leave it there (WITHOUT touching it) for about 1 minute or until nicely seared.  Flip over and sear the other side for about 1 minute.  
  5. While your cook the second side, coat the top of steaks with the horseradish mixture.
  6. Place entire pan in over for approximately 5 minutes depending on how you like your steak and how thick it is.  I like mine medium rare.
  7. Remove from oven and let sit a few minutes.  Serve with a nice glass of wine and enjoy!

4 comments :

  1. Holy crap that looks AMAZEBALLS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. carbs are all that frequent my blog too... probably because they are the BEST!

    Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love horseradish, such a good idea to create a horseradish crust! I can't wait to try it

    ReplyDelete