|Calf Fries are delicious!!! (Can you guess what they really are???)|
The Smok-Shak, Cherokee, Oklahoma
***I should probably add a disclaimer...I'm not guaranteeing the quality of flow, only that there are hopes of flowage. Wow. Way to much flowing going on right now. Let's get started.
So, I often lie in bed thinking of the most random unimportant things. Many times I have kept my poor sleep deprived husband awake by asking him completely irrelevant questions. But at 11pm, or 1am or even 4am, these thoughts/ideas/questions seem soooo important to me. And they must be, right? Why else would they be keeping me awake.
***Mister KaceysKitchen has a varying schedule that sometimes requires him to be asleep by 8pm and up by 3am. I've learned to save my 'important' questions for the weekend, and instead, satisfy my weeknight insomnia by partaking in my new addiction...Pinterest. But you already knew that, right? Cause you're addicted also. Don't lie.
So these important things I think about. Most times I'm thinking about food. And that is SOOO bad in the middle of the night because I'm bored, tired, and making myself hungry. I'll think of things I haven't made yet, things I need to blog about, what foods haven't I made yet, what to buy at the grocery store on Sunday, where to go out to lunch on Saturday, etc. You know, the normal stuff everyone thinks about at 2am.
But there is something else totally important I think about, which we will discuss today.
If I had an shit-ton-mega-yacht-load of money, what would I buy?
Yup, important, didn't I tell you? I don't mean buying all that ridiculous stuff either. Buying everything, donating zillions is easy to do when you have unlimited resources. But that would be weird, wouldn't it? To own EVERYTHING? So I like to think...if I had a ton of money, what would I really spend it on.
|The Money Museum, Kansas City (Dec 2011)|
- Daily stylist. That covers hair/makeup/cloths.
- I'll shower by myself thank you, but I want the whole hair stylist head massage shampoo deal every single day. I would change up my hair all the time. Extensions, colors, cut, the works. My hair would be gorgeous and you'd have to wear sunglasses around me because it's healthy shimmer would be blinding.
- While my do is gettin' done, someone would be putting makeup on me. Nothing flashy or anything, just nice and healthy looking and with magically soft makeup brushes that I can't afford right now. You know the ones, the ones that feel like a unicorns rainbow breath on your face.
- Someone would always have the right outfit for me picked out. Something I'm trying to get better at now, more dresses, lots of layers, and fun accessories. And such, such cute comfy heels. I'd still look like me, I would still have my 'style', it would just be way more awesome. But my hair would be killer. Killer hair.
- Sunglasses. I'd own lots and lots of expensive sunglasses. I want red ones. And a great pair of orange aviators. And lots more.
|This pair died a while back...definitely need a replacement.|
- Houses/Apartments. I'd own property and dwellings in lots of places. I don't want anything extreme. I want it functional, cozy, and not too large. No mansions or anything. Just normal, nice houses. Just cause I have zillions of dollars doesn't mean I won't put my feet on the couch.
- Some locations would include varies city/mountain/oceansides of the USA. I definitely want a loft in Manhattan, a place on top a mountain in Big Sur, and a cabin in New England. There could be more. I also want a few little remote places, accessible by boat or plane only, maybe on islands...Alaska and Fiji sound good. There would also be a few other far away places - New Zealand, Germany, Thailand. Of course, these locations are subject to change. I'm sure I'll be doing tons of traveling to find my perfect home location.
|I could handle this view.|
(Big Sur, California, 2010)
- All houses will have an AMAZING kitchen. Lots of counter space and seating for lots of guests. A pull out spice cabinet. Appliances hidden in the counter and cabinets. Dreamy.
|Entertaining in this kitchen please!|
- All houses will have an AMAZING bathtub. Something I could practically swim in. With jets. Lots of jets. Is this too much????
- Farms and Wildlife. Pets.
- I want to own a farm. Not a huge farm, but a place that I can have lush fruit and vegetable gardens.
- My farm needs to be large enough for my livestock and other creatures I take under my 'wing'. These WILL include, but are not limited to the following:
- Pembroke Welsh Corgis, just a couple of them. They'll come everywhere with me. They'll be great farm dogs too.
This video makes me smile so hard.
- 2 Llamas. I don't want them to get bored while I travel.
- A baby hairy cow. It will always stay a baby.
- Lots of yard birds. I want those chickens that have the funny feather 'hats' and baby Guineas that will sit on my finger and run on a treadmill (see here) I want to be able to go out and get my own eggs every morning for breakfast.
- A couple of pigs. Maybe one little guy as a pet and maybe a big porker for a future breakfast. Hey, don't hate...this is a food blog after all. That bacon in your BLT has got to come from somewhere.
- Sammy will of course remain as my only cat and she'll torture my Corgis.
- I'll have also rescued a baby manatee that I will have held in my arms and fed. She'll be taken care of at someplace that can support a manatee. I'm guessing my large bathtub won't cut it.
- I might also want one of those Pygmy Goats, just cause goats are funny.
Who wouldn't want a jumping mini goat?
- I wouldn't buy a fancy car. I'll still be driving around my 2001 Jeep Cherokee and putting money into it to keep it alive forever. Love that truck.
- I would have a sailboat though. And awesome sailboat that all my friends know how to sail. We'd sail everywhere for no reason. Sammy and my corgis would make awesome boat pets. It would be big wooden sailboat with a rope hammock. Drinks would never run out on my boat.
- Oh, and a Vespa. I know, you probably wanted one like 8 years ago. So did I. The difference is...I still want one.
- Beer. I just thought of this one. I'd probably own my own brewery. Simply because I'm sick of paying a lot of money for crappy beer. I know, it doesn't make sense since I have a lot of money, but you won't be complaining when I give you tons of free amazing beer.
|Pensacola Bay Brewery, Pensacola, Florida 2011|
- Shuffleboard. I'm loving shuffleboard and I want an awesome table, but the logistics of moving it around all the time and finding a place to live with a room large enough could be a problem. So maybe I'll get one for that brewery I'll open up. Then another one in one of those houses I'll own also.
Enid, Oklahoma 2012
Well, I think that's all for now. You know, it's just the little things. This list isn't exclusive, but just some of the things I've recently thought about for absolutely no reason. Asking friends what's on their 'dream shopping list' is a fun conversation starter. So friends, What would you buy if you could afford ANYTHING? Leave me a comment below (btw - anyone notice the new comment form, what do you think, do you like it or prefer the old version?).
Also, anyone guess what Calf Fries are? (Without Googling!)