04 January 2013

Fresh Water Chestnuts

Who would have thought I had to move to Oklahoma before seeing my first water chestnut.  Or at least what I recognized as my first water chestnut.  It came to me in my bountiful basket one week.
I didn't know what it was at first, and the only thing I could think of was a water chestnut, although I had never seen one before.  I was excited because I had never had a fresh one before, and I don't enjoy canned water chestnuts.  I don't appreciate canned ones in foods, they just taste like a bland awkward filler with both soft and crunchy textures.  They don't belong in my food.

But fresh water chestnuts?  Fresh ones are AWESOME!  They have a completely different texture and are sweet!  We really enjoyed them, and I was sad to see them disappear (in our bellys!) because we never received them again.

Oh wait! We are going to Japan! Endless supply of fresh water chestnuts!!!

So moral of the story is: eat fresh water chestnuts and boycott the canned!*

*just kidding...don't boycott canned water chestnuts.  That would be weird, and no one would take you seriously.  Plus, I'm sure there are some people out there that really enjoy canned chestnuts.  I don't happen to be one of them.

If you enjoyed this post, and would like to follow 'Kacey's Kitchen', please subscribe here so you don't miss anything! Have something to say? Leave a comment below!

Check out my other blog, Where In The World Is Kacey?!?

No comments :

Post a Comment