28 April 2009

Burger Time!

Does anyone remember the game BurgerTime for the original Nintendo? I had it. And I loved it. I still do. If I had my Nintendo at my apartment, I would probably play it right now. Just after I blew in the game and console to make it work better, or something like that. I was one of those kids who blew in the games and smacked them on your palm. And I had friends who were completely against anything like that, they would completely flip if you even thought about blowing air into their games. I'm sure you remember those people too. They were probably the same kids who had the power glove. Nerds....Sheesh... Well, Burgertime was this game where you were a chef, and you had to climb all these ladders running over giant pieces of hamburger. The bottom bun, the patty, the lettuce, tomato, etc... each time you ran over a piece, it would drop down to the level below until you could build a whole burger on the bottom. It's not as easy as it sounds when you have hot dogs, and eggs, and salts and peppers chasing you. Sounds like a nightmare to me.

burgertime


I've been trying to eat my way through my freezer lately, especially before I go grocery shopping this weekend. Plus, I absolutely HATE HATE HATE throwing out food. This morning I found a package of ground beef in the freezer. It's very odd that I had this in my freezer, I must have bought it for something specific and never made it. I'm a ground turkey type of gal. And it's not a sissy thing or an anti beef thing. I like beef a lot actually, I just don't usually buy it for myself. I like ground turkey because I can make it taste like whatever I want it to, without it tasting like a bleeding cow. And I guess it's supposedly healthier to...supposedly. I ended up taking out the beef to defrost. Then when I came home, I made a huge ass beef burger with tons of fillings. And I loved every bloody bite of it.

I make my burgers (turkey, beef, whatever) a little different. Most people just form meat into boring patties and throw some raw crappy lettuce or crappy processed cheese on top. I cut up everything I have on hand and mix it all together, inside of the meat. Today's burger wasn't too inventive. Sometimes I'll add artichokes, bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, corn, rice (cooked), breadcrumbs (to turkey), roasted red peppers, garlic chunks, etc... Oh, and I like my burgers on english muffins. Not too much bread, but enough to hold it all together, it's a nice stable base that won't fail you with a little burger grease. I forgot to take a picture until after I took a bite. And this picture makes it look pretty disgusting. But you know what? It's a burger. A big fat slutty burger. And it tasted great.



BurgerTime!
  • 85% lean beef
  • extra sharp cheddar cheese (cubed)
  • portobello mushrooms
  • onions
  • spinach (cooked & well drained)
  • garlic powder
  • Worcestershire sauce
  1. Smush (don't mush) together
  2. Cook
  3. Eat
My directions for cooking are simple. Learn what you like, and make it that way. Rarely follow a recipe exactly. WooWoo!

No comments :

Post a Comment