31 May 2009

A Drinkable Cupcake for Dinner!

A drinkable cupcake........Whaaaaaaaat??? But it's not what you think. It's cupcake wine, and it's what I had for dinner last night!

Let me start off by telling you about me and my wine connoisseurness. Basically....I'm a wine pro, and here's why:

1) I'll drink almost any wine. Almost.
2) I've been to Napa Valley for wine tasting once with my cousin Shannon (Enter shout-out here: Hey Shannon!!!). She's the same cousin who leaves me comments under the alias of "Best Cousin Ever" and things of that nature.
3) I buy wine based purely on price and awesomeness of the label.
4) I've seen Sideways.

Total qualification. Right? Right.........

Anywho. I've seen this Cupcake wine before, but never in my grocery store, and this time, I had to have it. It was only $12.99 and plus, look how cute it is!

This 2006 Cabernet Sauvignon is rich and enticing, with displays of soft tannins, flavors of blackberry, dark cherry, plums, mocha and a touch of oak.

My professional review of Cupcake Cabernet Sauvignon:
Price? - I like it!
Taste? - I like it!
Buy Again? - Definitely!

I also purchased a good fallback wine of mine. Any wine with a label like this, and called Gnarly Head is a winner in my book. It looks nice on my wine rack. Plus, it's only $9.99 and it tastes good too!

My professional review of Gnarly Head Old Vine Zin (Lodi Zifandel):
Price? - Gnarly!
Taste? - Gnarly!
Buy Again? - Definitely!


1 comment :

  1. Cousin Numero Uno WinoMay 31, 2009 at 5:06 PM

    Hey Kacey! We should definitley do Napa again!

    ReplyDelete