10 October 2009

Fighter Jets

A few weeks ago I was putting together a care package for my favorite Air-Forcee (new word). Technically, this was Kacey's Kitchens first care package, I'm sure it could have used some improvements, but I'm new at this and I'm going to have plenty of other opportunities. Here's the story.

I decided to make sugar cookies. But not just any old sugar cookies. FIGHTER JET sugar cookies!!!


I felt pretty good about my cookie. In fact, I thought it was a pretty awesome fighter jet. After all...how often do you see a cookie like that?! Never. Until now. Cause it's awesome. And I was excited about it. And no matter what you say, I'm sticking with it.

But then I asked a few people what they thought (I usually know better than to ask for peoples opinions, but I was excited about these cookies!).
Reactions included:
1) A blank stare and, "What is it?"
2) "A space ship, cool!"
3) "Well...Aaron should know what it is..."

Great.

So obviously I'm still stuck on the fact that my 'awesome cookie' is actually a UCO (Unidentified Cooked Object), because it was weeks ago and just now I'm blogging about it. Hopefully now that I've shared my woes with you, I can get past it.

Well, I mailed these cookies anyway figuring that they will probably be devoured before they are even looked at. And even if they were looked at, they would be devoured immediately anyway.

Now, remember that all I sent was a box of sugar cookies. Here was the response I received, "I got your care package. Thanks much. I’m rationing the chocolate though."

Ummm......what Chocolate???

The End.


The recipe below is the same I used in the previous sugar cookie post.

Ella’s White Sugar Cookies
by Annies Eats
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 ½ t. almond extract (I used 1tsp.)
  • 1 t. vanilla (I used 1 1/2 tsp.)
  • 1 t. salt
  • 2 ½ c. sifted flour
  1. Cream butter.
  2. Add powdered sugar.
  3. Blend in egg, almond extract, vanilla, salt and flour.
  4. Chill dough until firm.
  5. Roll to ¼” thickness on well-floured surface. Cut with cookie cutters. Place on greased cookie sheets.
  6. Bake at 375° for 8-10 min. Cookies should not brown. Frost and decorate when cool.
Royal Icing recipe can be found here at Annies Eats.

No comments :

Post a Comment