17 September 2010

Ricotta Crostini

This is from a while ago and doesn't take a rocket scientist, but it was tasty and satisfying, so I thought I'd share it.

First off, I know I commented on someone's ricotta spread/dip maybe a month ago, and I've spent the last 20 minutes looking through my emails and google reader to give you credit, but I cannot for the life of me remember who's blog it was on! If you remember me commenting on your blog about your last minute ricotta dip, let me know!

I'm guessing this was made on the weekend, when we were just lounging around the house wanting to snack on something. Having half a container of ricotta and some bread in the freezer, this was perfect.

In the picture you can see I topped each ricotta crostini with a variety of toppings. Roasted red peppers, pesto, a kalamata/artichoke mixture, and a basil leaf. While you don't NEED any toppings, you could put anything you have laying around on this.

Ricotta Crostini
Printable Recipe
by Kacey's Kitchen, adapted from ????
  • Baguette
  • EVOO
  • Freshly ground pepper
  • Sea salt
  • Oregano
  • Ricotta
  • Milk
  • Parsley
  • Crushed Red Pepper
  1. Thinly slice baguette. Preheat broiler.
  2. In a shallow bowl, pour in some EVOO, add some salt, oregano, and pepper.
  3. Line a cookie sheet with tinfoil, and using a pastry brush, brush oil mixture on one side of each slice of baguette. Place bread oiled side up on cookie sheet. Place in oven. Watch carefully so not to burn, remove when golden brown.
  4. Meanwhile, mix ricotta, parsley, crushed red pepper, a little salt to taste. Add a couple of splashed of milk until desired consistency is reached.
  5. Top with roasted veggies, fresh herbs, etc. if desired.

No comments :

Post a Comment