Because of my method of blogging (the 'whatever I feel like' method), it's deceiving what we eat on a regular basis. You see, I cook food, take pictures of it, edit the photos, and then they typically sit on my computer until I feel like talking about it. So sometimes you see things that I made that day, or that week, and other times you get things that I made a month or two ago. I like telling you little stories, so I pick what feels good at the time. So although I may blog about 500 pasta dishes in a row, chances are I probably threw a few other meals in between.
So....lets get back to the food.
Pasta is delicious. We can all agree on that, right? I'll take pasta anyway there is, although I prefer my pasta with a olive oil or a light cream based sauce. Or fresh diced tomatoes. A delicious way is something light and citrus-y and fresh, just like this meal. With a huge side of crusty bread and even a light crispy salad. Of course there is always stuffed pastas...but that's a whole other irresistible ball game.
So, how do you like your pasta?
Sun Dried Tomato Lemon Pasta
by Kacey's Kitchen
- 1 lb penne (or your other favorite pasta)
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- juice of 4 lemons
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- salt and pepper
- Cook penne in a large pot of salted water until al dente. Drain and set aside, reserving some pasta water.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Chop garlic and add to oil until just fragrant.
- Add lemon juice, zest, and sun dried tomatoes. Whisk to combine.
- Add pasta to pan, toss and add reserved pasta water if necessary to moisten.
- Season with salt and lots of freshly ground pepper.
- Chop basil and sprinkle on top of pasta just prior to serving.