20 April 2011

Sun Dried Tomato Lemon Pasta

I feel like I should tell you that I don't eat pasta every day. Could I? Yes. Have I? Yes. Do I want to? Very often I do. But do I actually do it? No.

Because of my method of blogging (the 'whatever I feel like' method), it's deceiving what we eat on a regular basis. You see, I cook food, take pictures of it, edit the photos, and then they typically sit on my computer until I feel like talking about it. So sometimes you see things that I made that day, or that week, and other times you get things that I made a month or two ago. I like telling you little stories, so I pick what feels good at the time. So although I may blog about 500 pasta dishes in a row, chances are I probably threw a few other meals in between.

So....lets get back to the food.

Pasta is delicious. We can all agree on that, right? I'll take pasta anyway there is, although I prefer my pasta with a olive oil or a light cream based sauce. Or fresh diced tomatoes. A delicious way is something light and citrus-y and fresh, just like this meal. With a huge side of crusty bread and even a light crispy salad. Of course there is always stuffed pastas...but that's a whole other irresistible ball game.

So, how do you like your pasta?

Sun Dried Tomato Lemon Pasta
by Kacey's Kitchen
  • 1 lb penne (or your other favorite pasta)
  • 5 cloves garlic
  • 2/3 cup olive oil
  • juice of 4 lemons
  • zest of 1 lemon
  • 1/4 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
  • 1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves
  • salt and pepper
  1. Cook penne in a large pot of salted water until al dente. Drain and set aside, reserving some pasta water.
  2. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Chop garlic and add to oil until just fragrant.
  3. Add lemon juice, zest, and sun dried tomatoes. Whisk to combine.
  4. Add pasta to pan, toss and add reserved pasta water if necessary to moisten.
  5. Season with salt and lots of freshly ground pepper.
  6. Chop basil and sprinkle on top of pasta just prior to serving.

2 comments :

  1. B said-cooked with sauce
    Rachael likes hers with butter, cheese, garlic, red pepper, and parsley. At least that's how I've been eating it. And of course you can't beat the mama's homemade sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could most definitely eat pasta everyday! But some other meals thrown in are probably a good idea ;) Love how simple this recipe is. I also love your photo!

    ReplyDelete