11 April 2012

Toasted Ravioli

We took a trip to St. Louis back in December and as I do for all my trips, the first thing I do is look up local foods and restaurants to go to.  One of the things we heard that was St. Louis famous was toasted ravioli.  Stopping at this cute little Italian joint (whose name I unfortunately cannot recall) and starving, we got an order of St. Louis Toasted Ravioli and a large plain St. Louis Style Pizza (Which was actually very good, even for a Jersey girl).

Oh my goodness.  Oh sooo delicious.  Oh soo addicting.  Think about it, cheese filled pasta coated in toasted breadcrumbs and dipped in a delicious spicy tomato mixture.  So, I whipped it up at home.  And it was delicious.  And if I wouldn't eat the whole plate just myself in one sitting, I would make it again today.

St. Louis Toasted Ravioli
Printable Recipe
Slightly adapted from www.allrecipes.com

  • 2 tbsp Milk
  • 1 Egg
  • 3/4 cup Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
  • Frozen Ravioli
  • Baking Spray
  • Parmesan Cheese
  • Marinara Sauce
  1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
  2. Beat egg and milk together in a shallow bowl.
  3. Dip ravioli in egg mixture and coat with breadcrumbs.  Place on sprayed baking sheet.  Repeat with remaining ravioli. (You can also fry these in a shallow pan or deep fry them.)
  4. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with Marinara sauce and enjoy!

2 comments :